- Adds smart quotes - Removes double captions from tables and figures
Google SRE Book/s
Generates a EPUB/MOBI/PDF for the Google SRE Book/s.
Original sources are downloaded from https://landing.google.com/sre/books
Visit the Releases page to download the latest release.
|Site Reliability Engineering (2016)
|The Site Reliability Workbook (2018)
You can generate either of books using
Available values for
sre_bookSite Reliability Engineering.
srw_bookThe Site Reliability Workbook.
$ docker run --rm --volume "$(pwd):/output" -e BOOK_SLUG='srw_book' captn3m0/google-sre-ebook:latest
- You should see the final EPUB/MOBI/PDF files in the current directory after the above runs.
- The file may be owned by the root user.
NOTE: You'll have to allow docker access to a directory that's local to your system. The safest way to do this is as follows:
$ mkdir /tmp/sreoutput
$ chcon -Rt svirt_sandbox_file_t /tmp/sreoutput
$ docker run --rm --volume "/tmp/sreoutput:/output" -e BOOK_SLUG='srw_book' captn3m0/google-sre-ebook:latest
The build for the above Docker image can be audited at https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/captn3m0/google-sre-ebook/builds.
Review and run the
generate.sh script to generate the EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files
gem install bundler
brew install pandoc
brew cask install calibre
brew install wget
- metadata is not complete. There are just too many authors
- Foreword/Preface is not part of the index
- The typesetting is not great and does not match the original. See #22 for a list
This is licensed under WTFPL. See COPYING file for the full text.
I have a list of my E-book publishing related projects at https://captnemo.in/ebooks/.